What is this type of insurance?
Your HEALTH INSURANCE is a medical care insurance with no co-payments and no waiting periods, which includes primary care, consultations with specialists, state-of-the-art diagnostics, prostheses, chemotherapy and radiation oncology, hospitalisation, surgical interventions, and repatriation. All of this is provided by professionals and centres contracted by the insurer.
What is insured?
Primary health care
- General Medicine: outpatient and at home assistance.
- Nursing: nursing assistant (ATS) service on outpatient basis and at home.
- Midwife: childbirth assistance and preparation.
Medical and surgical specialities
- Cardiovascular prevention programme.
- Gynaecological prevention programme.
- Urological prevention programme.
- Colorectal cancer prevention programme
- Infertility treatment for couples
- Tubal ligation
Prostheses, both prescription and ﬁtting
Chemotherapy and oncological radiation
Basic dental cover
Assistance to displaced persons
- Emergency assistance in Spain.
- Emergency assistance abroad.
What is not insured?
Any test, consultation, hospitalisation or
surgical intervention planned or carried out by
a physician and/or medical practitioner not
included in medical directory of the insurer.
The assistance required for treatment due to
occupational illness or accident motor vehicle
professionals and high-risk activities and those
caused by alcoholism, drug addiction, attempted
suicide, and self- harm.
Medicines and drugs of any kind
administered to the patient in the day hospital
and outside the inpatient regime.
Chronic dialysis and haemodialysis
Surgical correction of retraction defects of
the eyes, such as myopia, hyperopia, or
In radiotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery,
tomotherapy and other special forms of
Therapeutic techniques using lasers, except
for those specific to the general terms and
conditions of the policy.
Healthcare for illnesses, injuries or health conditions that already existed when the insurance plan was taken out.
Consequences of epidemics, catastrophes, and nuclear or radioactive reactions.
Are there any restrictions with regard to the cover?
- Emergency assistance abroad: up to €12,000 per claim per insured person for a maximum of 90 consecutive days.
Where am I covered?
- In all Spanish territory where where the insurer has a medical directory.
- For emergency care in Spain, you would be covered even if in those provinces the insurer does not have a medical directory.
- For emergency assistance abroad, services are provided worldwide.
What are my obligations?
- Make the insurance payment and return the signed contract form.
- Declare to the insurer all known circumstances, either before signing or during the course of the contract, which may influence the risk assessment.
- Inform the insurer as soon as possible of the insured person’s additions to and removals from the policy.
- To submit any reports or verifying documents required by the INSURER.
- To use all available means for a prompt recovery.
When and how do I make the payments?
The form of payment of the insurance is annual, if the certificate of proof of insurance for Spanish institutions is required.
The payment shall be made with the entry into force of the insurance.
Payment of the first premium shall be made by credit/debit card or bank transfer. Successive payments by direct debit or transfer.
When does the cover start and finish?
The insurance cover shall commence at 00.00 hours on the date of contracting, which is indicated in the specific terms and conditions, and shall be automatically renewed after 12 months from that date.
How can I terminate the contract?
The contracting party may object to the renewal of the insurance by giving written notice to GIDEA at least one month before the end date of the policy.